BMA, a service-disabled veteran-owned small business (SDVOSB) with a corporate location in Huntsville, AL, has been in business since 2010 providing professional services to the United States government. BMA supports the Department of Defense (DoD) and the Joint community. BMA’s professional services include administrative support, capabilities development, simulation and software, information technology (IT) and knowledge management (KM), test and experimentation, strategic communications, and manpower and personnel integration. A Career with our team at BMA offers excellent opportunities for growth with one of America’s finest young SDVOSB organizations.
Job Summary: Systems Administrator
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures the stable operation of the in-house computer software systems and network connections.
- Plans, develops, installs, configures, maintains, supports, and optimizes network software and communication links.
- Analyzes and resolves end user software program and connectivity issues.
- Provides end user training.
- Provides recommendations on technology direction to align with business vision.
- Supports local and remote maintenance to deployed operational systems at more than one location.
- Supports general maintenance, upgrades, and performs new installs of servers and applications.
- Performs vulnerability management.
Knowledge and Qualifications:
- 10 years’ experience.
- Seven (7) years of progressive experience in the field of Information Processing.
- Six (6) years of specialized in numerous specialized Information Processing disciplines involving a range of hardware/software solutions.
- Four (4) years of concentrated, hand-on experience in installing, configuring, maintaining, and resolving issues with various software.
- Two (2) years related experience integrating, modernizing and deploying information systems across diverse geographical locations, different organizational environments, and within Government agencies.
- Proficient in the following databases: MySQL, SQL Server, Microsoft Access
- Proficient in the following platforms: Microsoft Windows 7/Vista/XP/2000/98, Unix, Linux, Internet Information Services (IIS), and Apache Web Server.
- Possesses advanced technical knowledge of application networking, load balancing applications, and fault tolerance.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast paced office environment.
Benefits and Perks:
BMA, attracts the most highly motivated and qualified professionals in the Professional Services and Technology industry. We appreciate the importance of high caliber professionals and offer an attractive total compensation plan that includes:
- •Competitive salary
- •Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurances
- •Matched 401(k) retirement savings plan
- •Paid time off (PTO) and federal holidays
- •Tuition reimbursement